Konnichiwa, wat ashi no namae wa Cameron desu

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Sup dude

29 Apr 2009

Anarchist poems

My friend brought in Rise Against's new album today (bloody amazing) and it reminded me of the inner anarchist inside of me - then Ben gave me a little speech on they aren't anarchists, they are modern day heroes. I wouldn't go that far, but it gave me inspiration. There is also a quote in the album cover, which I can't remember, but it was to do with... okay I can't explain it so I'll just find it, copy and paste it. . .

                                          . . . okay I cant find it anywhere, but it was a good quote.


Anyway, it got me thinking and blah blah blah long story short, I wrote this poem about chickens.


My family, close until death, 
Which is not for long, 
I never felt the heat of their breath, 
Or even their morning song,
I doubt my father is alive,
I know my mother is dead,
I do not know how we survive,
When all I see is red,

We are huddled, drowning in heat,
My hunger overpowers me,
I wish sweat dripped down my feathered meat,
But now I’ll die painfully, 
Our fatty foods are always on supply, 
But I cannot reach it,
I try and flutter my wings and cry,
Whilst my broken legs lie in shit,

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,
A wing for a wing, 
A foot for a foot,
I feel my sanity fly away,
I feel jealous of my mind,
I don’t know why I am this way,
I feel my leg bones grind,

Men start to come in, taking us away,
Beating us with sticks,
But my mind goes astray,
I no longer hear our clicks,
Clicks of my family around me,
I think I’ll die before the men come,
But I doubt I want to see,
What those nasty men have done,

Now every seed I’ve eaten, every egg I have laid,
My life means nothing compared to what these men get paid. 

No comments:

People That Read Scribbles.